CALL FOR SPEAKERS FOR MARITIME DEVCON 2017 IS NOW CLOSED!
Maritime DevCon is a regional conference run by developers for developers. The east coast of Canada is chock full of passionate software developers with valuable knowledge, experience, and talent. Maritime DevCon is a place where we can share our stories and learn from each other.
Your fellow technologists want to hear from you!
We are once again planning three parallel session tracks for Maritime DevCon. The tracks do not focus on any specific technology or programming language. Our goal is to have interesting sessions on the agenda, not to restrict the topics so it’s okay if your proposal doesn’t fit exactly with either track’s description. Follow your passions and your expertise.
Track 1: Established
Track 2: Emerging
Track 3: Experience
This track is designed to offer professional development advice across a variety of topics that are important to a career in development, but aren’t always top of mind. Topics can include entrepreneurship, product management 101, how to manage a team, how to be a successful team lead or scrum master, how to work with different departments.
Keep in mind:
- Sessions will be 45 minutes.
- We want to showcase the knowledge and experience from around our region, but there are a limited number of slots available so not all proposals will be accepted.
- You must have the rights to the material you are presenting and should not present confidential information. Thinly-veiled advertisements for a product, technology, or service will not be accepted – contact us about sponsorship opportunities instead.
- Presenters will have free attendance at the conference. Presenters travelling more than 250km to DevCon will have the option of one night hotel accommodations and reimbursement for travel expenses to a maximum of $500 per presenter. Maritime DevCon reserves the right to ask for receipts and proof of expenses before reimbursement.
- We will hold a tips & tricks Google Hangout for new and inexperienced presenters
- The event will take place on Saturday, June 3rd from 9 AM – 5 PM at the Wu Conference centre in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
- A speaker’s meeting will be held at 8:30 AM on the day of the event. This meeting is mandatory, please let us know any issues with attending this meeting in the “Anything else we need to know?” section of the application.
- The schedule will be shared with you well in advance of the event and while we will do our best to accommodate special requests, please plan on being available for the entire day of the event.