Derek is our fearless leader on the Maritime DevCon board serving as our founder and current organizing chair. Derek is an advocate for local developer communities in Canada’s Maritime provinces. He is a former organizer for the Moncton developer group as well as founder and former organizer for the Halifax DevEast developer group.
With a wide range of experience, Derek is currently employed as the Chief Architect for Salesforce Marketing Cloud social products.
Previously Derek was:
- software architect for platform services at Radian6 before it was acquired by Salesforce;
- founder of CrowdSpace, a web-based tool for clubs, community groups, and churches to track and communicate with members;
- co-founder of Careertown.ca, an IT job board for Canadian technologists; and
- founder of Ardent Development Solutions, a software consulting firm;
- part of the Microsoft MVP and Microsoft Regional Director programs when his technical focus was primarily the Microsoft development platform.
Derek lives in New Maryland, New Brunswick, Canada (just outside Fredericton) with his wife, 3 kids, and the world’s best dog.